Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mosaic Picture Frame Matte


This is a project I did about a month ago but couldn't post because the recipient is a reader of this blog. I just came across the picture which reminded me to post. It is a very simple project although it is very time consuming. To make one of these first purchase a plain matte in an size/configuration.

MATERIALS:

plain matte
Mod Podge
cardstock
scissors
paint brush or foam brush


DIRECTIONS:

1) Purchase a few different pages (or get some from your scrapbooking stash) of cardstock that all go well together. They can be plain or patterned or both as long as they coordinate.

2) Cut those pages into different size triangles. The easiest way I found was to cut the paper into different size strips then cut into triangles.

3) Cover a small area of the matte with Mod Podge they place triangles on matte so they fit on the matte and cover most of the matte only leaving small spaces (to mimic grout).

4)Once you finish covering the matte cover with a semi thick layer of Mod Podge and let dry. I used the matte finish and liked the way it turned out but you could use the one you prefer.

These make a great gift and anyone can do it as long as you have some patience. Also I have listed some in my Etsy store if you don't want to do the work!! I can take a custom order, perfect for Christmas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails