Saturday, April 19, 2008

Knitted Skull Wrist Cuff

This is a toddler sized wrist cuff I made for my son. It knits up very quickly and doesn't use much yarn although I have no idea how much it does use. Would be a good way to use up leftover yarn. You could knit any simple design into the basic cuff, or make striped ones, etc. Once I figure out an easy way to post the chart for the skull I will but here is the basic pattern. It fits a 5" wrist very well.

Basic Pattern:

worsted weight yarn
size 6 needles
(if you are a loose knitter use size 5 needles, or if you need a smaller circumference)

CO 32 stitches
work in stockinette stitch for 19 rows
BO

Again this is the basic pattern, if you want a thinner cuff knit less rows, I needed this many rows to complete the skull. Add is any variation you want. I will post the chart for the skull soon.

2 comments:

The Beauty Queen From Mars said...

So adorable! I love the skull, does this mean you can knit anything with a skull in it? because if so, I believe you may have a million more projects now, lol.

Heidi Maxwell said...

Real Cute! I'm knitting a pair right now, but with Pink and White and a Heart instead of a Skull. I also did two rows of K2 P2 rib on either end. Did you knit this in the round? Or did you knit flat and then seam it up? I'm giving it a go in the round on DPNs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails