Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bitty Booties


So after a brief hiatus from crafting I am back into it full speed. I have done numerous little projects as gifts and will post once they have been delivered. These are also a gift. I found the pattern for Bitty Booties and decided to give them a shot. They were actually easier than they look and are adorable. The picture to the left shows how they come together. They are made using wool felt and some scraps of fabric for embellishment. Unfortunately I don't have much fabric appropriate for a boy but that may soon have to change. There is an endless number of ways to embellish using buttons, felt, fabric, ribbon almost anything you can think of. The picture below is of the finished pair. I finished them with blanket stitch around the top of the shoe and to secure the strips of fabric. I made these on the simple side since they were my first pair but the possibilities are endless! Here is the link for the pattern if you want to try a pair for yourself:
http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/Booties.html

You could also go to http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/
This is her blog and she has some more neat patterns and craft ideas.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails