Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Modified Half Pipe Hat (Toddler size)

So I decided to make matching hats for a good friend of mine and her toddler. To do this I modified Debbie Stoller's pattern for the Half Pipe Hat. This hat will probably fit any size head from 18-20 or 21 inches.

Here is the pattern I came up with.

any worsted weight yarn will do
size 8 straight needles or circular/DPN combo if you prefer

Directions:

CO 72

work in K1, P1 ribbing for 4 inches

Purl 1 row (this is to help when you sew in the brim)

work in K1, P1 ribbing for another 4.5 inches

I didn't write down how I decreased but decrease as you normally would over the next 1/1.5 inches

Finishing:

cut a child size brim out of plastic canvas

sew in the brim using the purl row as a guide, make the brim line up with that row

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails