Sunday, January 11, 2009

On the Needles

I still need to finish posting the rest of my Christmas projects but I promise to do that soon. It does mean posting a few patterns so I am waiting until I have enough time to actually type those up.

I am still finishing up one Christmas present (I know a bit late) but just have a bit of sewing to do and that will be done. I have been waiting to bring out the sewing machine because once I do I have several blankets I plan on making too.

I also knitted a sweater and a shrug for two expecting Mom's I know although I forgot to take photos. Wish I would have remembered because they were both very cute. I am going to make one for the child that we are expecting as well so I will be sure to take a picture of the finished one. It's being done in the same yarn as the other one because I liked it so much. Also currently on the needles is the same exact shrug I knit, just in a different color so I will be sure to snap a picture of that when finished. If my child turns out to be a girl it will probably have one in every size and color since it's a very easy and fairly quick knit. Even for me who is a very slow knitter. I think I knit the last one in 3 days for the newborn size. A quick knitter could probably whip one out in a night. I will also look up the pattern and post a link for it too when I get the picture.

Also this past week I knit 2 hats for my son. He is only 2 but has a sizable head so these hats could easily fit a child or a woman. It fits me with room to spare so I know it would fit the average womens head. The first one was a diagonal rib pattern in K2, P2 and the second was one where I did a diamond border and the rest was stockinette. They both turned out well although I would tweak each a bit. I will post the pattern and pictures in the next few days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails