Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Knitting Oh Knitting


So I have been quite busy since my last post. First I knitted a belt, just a basic black belt in broken rib stitch. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in black. It was going to be for me but that stitch is pretty stretchy so it went home with a friend of mine.




The next project I completed was a basic, no cuff hat with K2,P2 ribbing at the bottom. I used Bernat Berella
"4" yarn in periwinkle. I knit this hat flat and just sewed it up when I was finished.















The third and final project from the knitting frenzy this past week was a sock. This is what I completed in a day on a toddler size sock. It is inside out right now so it will look better once I complete it and flip it. This sock was slow going at first because I had never used DPN's before and it is my first sock attempt. The pattern I used was http://www.valleycafe.com/knitting/sock-pattern.html
I found this to be a very simple pattern. Also there is a great site that shows a video of how to turn a heel, work the gusset and how to do the Kitchener stitch. The website for that is KnittingHelp.com
I was making them for my 16 month old some but his legs are too thick for the top even though the bottom may fit. I am using Bernat Berella "4" yarn in Seascape Ombre. I should finish sometime today and will post a picture of the sock completed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails