Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mini Oven Mitt and Wash Cloths


I made these to go with a miniature kitchen set. I had flannel cupcake print material and some terry cloth. The wash cloths were very simple, just 2 squares sewn together then flip them right side out and stitch along them again. The oven mitt was also pretty simple. For this I cut a long rectangle out of the flannel fabric. I folded each short edge over about 1/4" then ironed to flatten and then folded it over again about 1/2 inch so you make a nice edge. I then cut out a piece of terry to fit under the flaps and sewed one end. I trimmed the terry to fit nicely under the other flap and then sewed that side. I pinned it right sides together and sewed up both long edges but not across the top. Flip right side out and presto: an oven mitt!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails