Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Toddler Apron

I used a basic template I had created to make infant/toddler sized aprons. If you would like to make one take one of your child's shirts, lay a piece of paper on it and make a rough apron shape based on the size of their shirt. Remember when you go to make the apron to make it longer than the shirt. For this apron I used the red cherry flannel for the outside and a plain pink flannel for the inside. I also used 1" wide ribbon for the straps. You could make fabric straps or whatever you prefer. For the neck I put a snap on it, if you do this make sure to reinforce the areas where the snap will go. you could also do a button enclosure. The possibilities really are endless. I pinned the ribbon between the two pieces of fabric so that when I flipped it right side out they would be right where they need to be. Of course I learned this the hard way because my first attempt at an apron about 10 months ago I sewed the pieces together with the straps on the outside and the result was not so good, oops! Practice makes perfect and I am starting to learn the little tricks that make these come out nicer. You really could make one of these for anysize from baby to adult and you could make them as plain or as fancy as you desire. Really a quick and easy project that also makes great gifts!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails