Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chalkboard Placemats

I also found a great tutorial on how to make chalkboard placemats and thought that would be a perfect gift as well! I made these to go with the felt food and a couple for my 2 children. Sorry it's not the greatest picture but they came together pretty quickly and turned out very well.

I had planned to make 2 more for my freinds' twins but I didn't have enough chalk cloth to make the other 2. I guess I should have cut the chalk cloth before the oil cloth and I would have know this but oh well. Or better yet perhaps I should start measuring things before I start but I digress. I was able to make 6 placemats with 1 yard of chalk cloth so thats not too shabby!

I suggest you give it a try... click here to go to the tutorial. You can also make gift tags in a very similar way and if you search the web you can find all sorts of other ideas for your chalk cloth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails