Saturday, February 27, 2010

Easiest Project EVER!

 

Quite literally the easiest project I have done, at least recently!  These are a pair of leg warmers made using Alexis' awesome tutorial Little Leg Warmers in 6 Easy Steps.  She cracked to code on how to make these for a fraction of the cost of buying Baby Legs which are sold for $12 a pair!  OUCH!  You can buy much cheaper ones from Etsy but why bother when they are this easy to make.

As you know we are  BIG fans of leg warmers in this house, both kids have worn them on many occasions.  From now on I am keeping an eye out for clearance knee highs so I can make more.  I think it took me 20 mins total.  That included gathering the materials, cutting, folding pinning, changing the thread on the sewing machine, sewing, finishing and flipping.  Even someone who doesn't sew could make these.

A BIG thank you to Alexis for putting together this wonderful tutorial!!

4 comments:

Heidi Maxwell said...

Me too! Except I have been having trouble finding the sewing time.

http://themaxwellscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/02/lots-of-lexis-little-leg-warmers.html

Alicen said...

Oh I wanted to warn you about those blue ones (and I think you have green ones too). They are kind of a pain to work with because the fray like crazy! Handle them as least as possible before you sew and you should be fine. I ended up making these real quick after the kids were in bed. My Target sucks though and has NONE. This was the only pair they had at all! They don't have all the cute ones you guys were able to find and I went to 2 different ones.

Unknown said...

The fraying is a pain! I find the zig-zag will control it once you get going, but still...however, you cant beat the price and ease! So cute!

Alicen said...

The fraying was a pain but I still wouldn't say it was hard! I did zig-zag after and they are fine now. I just wish I had a Target like you guys that have tons to choose from and for $2 but oh well. I'll definitely go down that aisle every time I'm there and hopefully one day I'll get lucky! I did see today though that they have some St Patty's day ones so maybe my store is just slow. Here's to hoping cause I want to make a million!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails