Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesdays Tut

Weekly Menu Board


So this is not my original idea but I can't for the life of me find the link or remember where I saw it.  I could have sworn I bookmarked it but it's not there.  If I do find it I will make sure to link up to it!

Anyway in browsing the internet one day looking for Christmas projects I saw one for a menu board.  This was a while ago now but I never got around to making one.  With my newfound determination to actually get consistent about meal planning I decided now was a perfect time for one!  I am hoping it will motivate me to keep up with the meal planning since this will be pretty pitiful with nothing on it.

It was very easy although a bit time consuming since I didn't think to do the letters in reverse.  Instead I glued on EACH LETTER SEPARATELY!!  Next time I know what to do.

All you need are:

a picture frame - I used a scrapbook page frame but you could make a smaller one and use an 8x10
scrapbook paper
either sticker letters or cutout letters (or a marker)

I finally cracked open my Cricut I got for Christmas 2 years ago.  I am embarrassed to say this is the first time I have actually used it!  I just never seem to have the time for scrapbooking but I do have another project in mind for this so hopefully it will be getting some use now.


I had the Cricut cut all the letters and then I just glued them onto a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper.  You can use a pattern but just make sure it's either light colors or a suddle pattern or else it will be hard to see the words.

I have a little tip to get the words on there straight without penciling a line.  Sometimes my brain still has some juice left in her.  I took another piece of scrapbook paper the same width, lined up the edges and moved it to where I needed the words.  It made a line for me to follow without having a pencil line left over!  I must say it worked brilliantly and the words are straighter then I imagined they would turn out!!  Just move the paper your gluing onto as needed and the other piece can be kept taped down.  It will look like this:


That's it!  Finish the paper, stick in the frame and write on it with a dry erase marker.  So SIMPLE and CUTE!!  Also I probably don't need to tell you you could alter slightly and use the same concept for tons of things.  How about a planner, weekly calendar, shopping list, notes, contacts... really the list is endless.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails