Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Crafts

Here is the round-up of all the handmade presents.

First up are the very easy to make totes/reusable shopping bags.  I made it using this classic tote tutorial.  This was very easy, theres no lining or unfinished edges.  I ended up making 3 for the holidays and I bought a couple yards of fabric for me and can't wait to make mine!


 I know you've seen this picture before but this ended up being a placemat.  I made 8 of them and the main fabric is the blue flower fabric and I did 2 yellow accent stripes.


  A simple table runner I made for fellow quilter.  I used the zebra print fabric for the back as well and loved the way it came out.  It was a little hard to part with this!


 This is a lined bread bag that I made for Alexis (at Full of Knit).  She makes her own bread so I thought a pretty (and reusable) bread bag would be appreciated.  I plan to make a couple for myself but first I need to figure out an easier way because this turned out to be a major pain in the butt!  I think I may just make a basic drawstring bag instead, I just need to figure out how large to make the bag to fit the loaf.  When I figure out a better way I'll make a tutorial. 


 The last 2 are crowns I made Alexis' little girls.  I also sent tutus to go with them.  I made a matching purple one and then a blue one since I know that they already have an orange one to match the orange/red crown.



I also made a simple garter stitch scarf to match a hat I made a friend of mine a while ago.  I also was volunteered to make a memory quilt for my Mom's friends daughter.  I meant to take a picture of the finished quilt but I forgot.  It turned out very nice and they loved it!  That ended up taking up some of the time I was going to use to make some other projects but that's ok, there are always birthdays.

Currently in the works are a wet bag and a Nook cover.  Pictures to come as soon as they are finished!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

The bread bag is the greatest thing ever. I can see how it was a pain, but it works so well. I want a million of them, but of course you really only need one...:)

The Beauty Queen From Mars said...

Tricia loved the table runner you made for Meg. I love my new shopping bags, just need to get out and shop now, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails